Written By TWFT
Saturday, April 1
“To set at liberty those who are oppressed.”   Lk 4:18 NKJV
Every thirty seconds, a child or young person is abducted into the worldwide sex trade; almost one million of them every year!  Many are forced to service up to thirty or forty “customers” a night.  Can you imagine what the governments of the world would do if a city of one million people was taken captive and exploited and abused every day?  If you think that’s bad, here is a statistic that should break your heart and bring you to your knees: Only 1 percent of those who are abducted into the sex trade are being rescued from it!  You say, “What about the other 99 percent?”  When they get too old to have value to their pimps, or too sick to work, or become pregnant, or diseased, they’re thrown away like garbage.  These are the “walking wounded” who carry emotional and mental scars and struggle with the effects for the rest of their lives.  Perhaps you’re thinking, “it’s sad, and it’s shocking, but thank God it’s not my children or grandchildren.”  Thank God indeed!  But as a redeemed child of God, you have a responsibility to care about it.  Jesus said He came to “heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives…to set at liberty those who are oppressed” (v. 18 NKJV).  That means instead of avoiding the problem, you must become aware, alarmed, and activated.  Only when enough people speak up do politicians start to act.  Start praying about it.  Support ministries that are involved in it.  That way, you will be able to stand before God one day and say, “Lord, I did what I could about it!”
Posted in






no tags